Thursday, January 3, 2013

Busy couple of weeks, Bringing in new babies pigs ,sending future new mamma's to new homes and sending market hogs to market. Busy life of a Bacon Farmer. (That what we call ourselves now instead of Pork Producers) Anyway my son and daughter have been home since before Christmas from college so I have had them help some. Even though they wont be involved in the bacon business it fun to work together for a short time. Soon we will be back to our routines , but it is enjoyable  for now. Cold weather brings challenges we have forgotten about over the last two years , it could be colder too. Fixing heaters and ventilation and little things that can happen, these you learn as you go no one writes a manual for this stuff.So training a new person to be able to handle things like this is a new challenge, letting go so you can get away is a challenge as well,after all you think you are irreplaceable but mostly you are,in matters of business and such.
My wife is retiring and I owe her some time. so I am training a young man to do more of my daily chores. So I can be away some. Also there is that bucket list of my own.
The next weeks will bring business and office work yuck! Power washing is more fun! (washing the barns out between groups)
RhonFarm LLC will be up and running and some changes will be made but mostly the same stuff will go on, maybe that new barn roof my wife keeps on me about...more to come on that one.......history and the future.. should be interesting , as well as how we provide expert animal care and provide you with food and Bacon!!!!!!!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.
Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment